Low-temperature radiators provide efficient and more comfortable heating. Although they operate for longer hours, they consume much less energy and allow you to keep your home warm throughout the autumn and winter.
In Malaga we usually have autumns with moderate temperatures, and it is especially in winter that we notice the drop in temperatures. Nothing to do with the climate in the rest of Europe, but the cold and humidity of the coast really gets to your bones.
The best option for a comfortable home is to have a good heating system such as low-temperature radiators or fan coils, which are much more efficient than a conventional radiator.
What are low temperature radiators?
The new low-temperature radiators are so called because they operate at milder temperatures compared to traditional radiators that consume a lot of energy.
A conventional radiator tried to emulate a cooker or fireplace, using a lot of electrical energy to generate high temperatures. Given the costs of electricity, the technology has evolved to systems that make the most of every unit of energy they consume.
Low-temperature radiators operate in a constant and controlled manner, providing more even and comfortable heat. By not relying on very high temperatures, these radiators can work more efficiently, saving energy and money on your heating bills.
Advantages of low temperature radiators
Now let’s take a closer look at the main advantages of this heating system. We have already mentioned some of them, but there are many more.
- Energy efficiency: this is the key to all modern air conditioning systems. At the current price of electricity, it is essential to opt for technology that consumes less energy. With low-temperature radiators we achieve the same level of heat but use less electricity.
- Stable temperature: You enjoy greater comfort because they maintain a stable temperature throughout the day. It is not a matter of turning on the radiator when it is cold and achieving an abrupt change in temperature, but of turning on the heating system and leaving it on day and night to have a uniform heat, without peaks of cold or heat.
- Compatible with renewable energies: If you wish, we can combine your new heating system with solar thermal panels or a heat pump. In this way, your home heating will be powered by renewable energies and your electricity bill will be drastically reduced.
- Less wear and tear on the system: This technology has a longer life cycle and requires less maintenance. By operating at lower temperatures, there is less wear and tear or stress on the different components of the heating system, so we enjoy a longer service life with fewer incidents.
- Intelligent control system: With new technologies we can also improve temperature control in the different rooms of the home. It is even possible to programme the system so that it adapts according to the outside temperature or the time of day.
- Greater safety: Traditional radiators can be dangerous, causing burns and even fires. If you have children at home or simply want to reduce the risk of accidents, it is highly recommended to consider these new heating systems.
- Versatile design: new technology often goes hand in hand with aesthetic design, radiators now have a more attractive aesthetic and can be integrated much more elegantly with the rest of the home.
As you can see, this type of radiator has many advantages. When choosing the brand and model, it is a good idea to analyse all these features. If you do not want to complicate your life, we can prepare an average budget with several options to make the choice easier.
Compatibility with renewable energy systems
This is a subject that we have mentioned in the advantages of low temperature radiators, but it is interesting to explain in more detail. Because if you want an even more efficient system or you have a special interest in renewable energies, we can propose two good solutions.
Heating with solar thermal panels
There is no shortage of sunshine in Malaga, which is why we see so many solar panels on the roofs of homes. Solar thermal heating uses the sun’s energy to heat a fluid which is transported to a storage system or heat exchanger.
Low temperature radiators combine very well with solar thermal heating systems. The moderate temperature at which they operate is perfectly aligned with the temperature of the solar fluid heated by the solar collectors.
When the heating demand increases, the hot solar fluid flows to the radiators, releasing its heat efficiently and constantly. This means that even on cloudy days or in winter, when solar radiation may be lower, the low-temperature radiators can still provide comfortable warmth thanks to the stored solar energy.
Heat pump heating
Another brilliant partnership is formed between low-temperature radiators and heat pumps. This combination offers very efficient heating. In case you are unclear about how heat pumps work, we’ll explain it to you quickly.
The heat pumps we install are based on air source heat pump, i.e. they extract heat from the air and transfer it to the inside of your home. Even if it is quite cold outside, say around -15º Celsius, the heat pump still generates heat because it uses a much colder gas.
Low-temperature radiators are ideal for working with heat pumps. The moderate temperature at which they operate aligns perfectly with the constant heat output of heat pumps. In fact, both systems are designed to operate continuously and with very low energy consumption.
Radiator installation and maintenance in Marbella
At Climanova we have been installing heating systems, solar thermal panels and aerothermal systems for more than 10 years. If you want to enjoy a modern heating system, we can certainly help you.
We install and maintain low temperature radiators in Marbella and nearby towns such as Estepona or Mijas. If you want a quote for installation or need a maintenance check, contact us today.