In Climanova we offer installation of solar thermal panels in Malaga. If you need information, do not hesitate to contact us. We have a team of experienced professionals who are happy to advise you.
What are solar thermal panels and how do they work?
Solar thermal panels are devices that use the sun’s energy to heat water or fluids in a closed system. They are designed to capture solar radiation and convert it into heat, which can then be used for water heating, heating or industrial processes.
Solar thermal panels are composed of solar collectors that absorb solar radiation and convert it into heat. These collectors are usually made of materials such as glass or plastic and contain a liquid or gas that heats up as it absorbs solar radiation.
In the domestic environment, solar thermal systems usually include a hot water storage tank. This water reservoir is used for domestic use, both when cleaning and when washing in the shower, bathtub, etc. The system also has a control system to regulate the flow of liquid or gas through the solar collector.
This type of technology is a clean and renewable way of generating heat and can be useful in areas with a lot of solar radiation and demand for hot water, such as in hot climates or for swimming pool heating systems. In Malaga it is very common to see roofs of houses with solar panel kits.
Benefits of solar thermal panels
If you are considering the idea of installing solar panels, you will want to know about the advantages of this type of air conditioning system.
Solar thermal panels are a renewable energy technology that converts solar radiation into heat to provide hot water and heating for residential and commercial buildings. These systems provide both economic and environmental benefits. In addition, it is an equipment that enhances the value of the home and reduces energy dependence.
We could summarise the benefits of installing solar thermal panels in the following points:
- Energy savings and savings on electricity bills. By using solar energy as an energy source, solar thermal panels can significantly reduce energy costs for hot water and heating, which can lead to significant savings on electricity bills.
- Reduces carbon footprint. By using a clean, renewable energy source such as solar energy, it contributes to the fight against climate change.
- Increases property value. Installing a solar thermal system can increase the value of a property as more and more people look for renewable and sustainable energy options.
- Low maintenance. Solar panels are relatively simple and durable, meaning they require little maintenance and can last for many years.
- Energy independence. By using a renewable energy source such as solar power, solar panels can help individuals and businesses become more energy independent, so we are less exposed to price rises and less dependent on the grid.
Types of solar thermal panels
There are mainly two types of solar thermal panels:
- Flat-plate solar panels. These are the most common and are used to heat water in the home. They consist of a flat plate with pipes that carry the hot water to a storage tank.
- Natural circulation panels or also known as evacuated tube solar panels. These systems do not need pumps to circulate the water or fluid through the solar collector, but the water moves naturally by thermal convection. These types of panels are recommended for cold climates and in areas where sunlight is limited, as they are designed to capture more solar energy and are more frost resistant.
Both types of solar thermal panels work in a similar way: the sun’s energy is absorbed by the solar collectors and then transferred to the water or fluid circulating inside, raising the temperature.
The choice will depend on the specific needs of each person and the geographical location where the installation will be made. It is advisable to have the help of experts to advise you on the operation of each type of solar panel and which is the most convenient to install in your home, building or business.
Factors to take into account when installing solar thermal panels
Before installing solar thermal panels, a number of factors must be taken into account:
- Location. It is important to install the panels in a place where they can receive as much sunlight as possible during the day.
- Orientation. The solar panels should face south to receive the most sunlight during the day.
- Tilt. The tilt angle of the solar panels should be adjusted according to the latitude of the installation site.
- Size. The size of the panels should be chosen according to the space and hot water demand.
- Initial investment. The installation of solar thermal panels involves a significant investment at the beginning.
- Maintenance costs. It is also important to maintain the panels, either personally or by a professional, to ensure that they are working properly and to maximise their lifespan.
Are solar panels a good choice for my home?
This is the million dollar question that many of our customers come to us with. The choice of solar thermal panels as an option for your home will depend on factors such as location, heating or hot water needs, budget or space for installation.
If you live in an area with good sun exposure and need hot water or heating, then solar thermal panels may be a good option for you. It is important to assess your needs and long-term goals before making a final decision.
Installation of solar thermal panels in Málaga and Marbella
The installation of solar thermal panels must be carried out with precision and professionalism. Quality materials that will last over time should be used. Choosing the cheapest option for something that can last 20 years or more does not seem a sensible decision, it is always better to opt for a quality product that does not cause problems and requires little maintenance.
Do you still have doubts about taking the step towards renewable and clean energy? At Climanova we are experts in the installation of solar thermal panels in Malaga and Marbella. Contact us and we will help you choose the perfect installation for your needs.
You can send us the following form if you want more information and we will contact you, ask for your free quote!