Thinking of installing an air conditioning system for your home or office? At Climanova we recommend that you opt for renewable and environmentally friendly energies. Our experts can advise you on air conditioning with heat pump.
It is an efficient and economical air conditioning system for the home or for a business, and it also allows you to save up to 60% on your electricity bill. In this article we explain everything you need to know about aerothermal air conditioning: what it is, how it works and its advantages over other types of air conditioning systems.
If you need help to choose the air conditioning system that best suits your needs, Climanova can advise you. We have experts with extensive experience in the sector.
What is aerothermal energy?
Aerothermal energy is the thermal energy that we extract from the ambient air. In other words, we use the heat from the air around us or from the outside air to heat or cool the air in the rooms in our home or business. It is not magic, it is a matter of applying basic principles of physics with the help of increasingly advanced technology.
Every year, manufacturers come out with new, increasingly sophisticated devices that integrate perfectly with home automation systems and allow remote control of the appliance. It should be noted that this air-conditioning system is more efficient when it works continuously, not like the classic split system that we switch on and off whenever we need to. And even so, the electricity consumption is much lower.
It is interesting to note that from a legal point of view, in Europe, aerothermal energy is considered a renewable energy source, just like solar or wind energy. Naturally it is not as efficient as them, since to generate aerothermal energy we will need some electricity, but we must be clear that it does not pollute and it certainly allows great savings in electricity consumption.
It is an ideal technology to combine with electricity generators such as photovoltaic panels or wind turbines.
Aerothermal energy is considered one of the cleanest technologies in terms of the environment, as it uses the air around us and very little electricity as energy sources.
Funcionamiento de la aerotermia
Its operation is based on the principle of the heat pump. It is a device that cools or heats the air depending on the needs of the air-conditioned space.
In the summer, air conditioning with heat pump extracts heat from the indoor air and transfers it to the outdoor air, which cools the air in the rooms where people work or spend time. In winter, the process is reversed, the system captures heat from the outside air and transfers it to the inside air, which warms the air in the house or office.
This system is effective even at outside temperatures of around -20°C, due to the gas used by the heat pump is at a much lower temperature than the gas used by the heat pump. So a temperature of relatively -10ºC is much warmer than the gas used.
Advantages of aerothermal air conditioning
We have already mentioned some of its advantages, but we are going to summarise the most important ones in this list:
- One of the great advantages of aerothermal air conditioning is that it is a clean and renewable energy. In other words, it is an energy that does not produce any type of waste or product that could damage the environment.
- Furthermore, it is a very cost-effective energy, as the same installation can be used to heat domestic hot water and also to air-condition the home or commercial premises.
- It can improve indoor air quality, as the temperature remains constant, preventing the formation of cold or hot draughts. As mentioned above, this technology is designed to operate continuously.
- It does not require large amounts of electricity to operate and installation is relatively simple.
- Finally, aerothermal air conditioning is very quiet, ideal for places that require a quiet environment. If you are thinking of installing it in your home or office… it is certainly the best option!
If you want to install air conditioning with heat pump in Marbella or Estepona, contact Climanova. At Climanova we are experts in this type of installation and we can help you through the whole process. Contact us or send us the following form!