The range of Mitsubishi duct air conditioning offers very efficient solutions for air conditioning businesses and homes. Among the most demanded in Spain are the 3000, 4500, 6000, 8000 and 10.000 frigories equipments (12,000, 18,000, 24,000 BTU). Below we explain how this system works and what its advantages are.
If you are used to the British unit of measurement, it is easy to do the conversion, 1 BTU is equivalent to 0.252kcal, i.e. one frigory or kilocalorie is equivalent to approximately 4 BTU.
These air conditioning systems work thanks to a network of ducts that we install inside the false ceiling. On the one hand we have the outdoor unit and on the other the indoor unit that remains hidden in the false ceiling connected to the duct network.
It is a quieter and more discreet solution than the classic split with a unit hanging from the ceiling or wall. This is why more and more businesses are installing it and in new homes it is often pre-installed. Mitsubishi Electric’s quieter duct air conditioners operate in the 23-34 dB range. If we add to that the fact that the indoor unit is inside the false ceiling, we will hardly notice its presence.
If you don’t have a pre-installation or the space in the false ceiling is scarce, Mitsubishi has compact indoor units. You only need 20cm high to install the unit inside the ceiling and it is perfectly valid for air conditioning small homes and commercial premises. This design, the most compact on the market, makes it possible to integrate it into practically any space
If you are interested, do not hesitate to call us and we will visit you to carry out an assessment and draw up an estimate for the installation of a ducted air-conditioning system.
Highlights of the Mitsubishi Duct System
As a high quality brand, you always enjoy the latest advances in technology. These are some of the outstanding features to increase comfort and efficiency:
- They use R32 refrigerant: The R32 gas air conditioner is more ecological, more efficient and more economical.
- DC Inverter Technology: To adjust the performance of the compressor to the temperature changes detected in the home, achieving more efficient performance, greater energy savings and greater comfort.
- Long-life filters: Thanks to a special process that improves the effect of the filter, it is better maintained and lasts much longer.
- Automatic fan adjustment: The air speed of the fan is automatically adjusted according to the required needs.
- Intelligent zoning system: Possibility of connection with IT terminal to zoning systems that allow independent air-conditioning of different rooms by means of a single duct unit.
- Fan speeds: Depending on the model the fan of the outdoor unit can operate at 3 or 4 speeds.
- Weekly programmer: Allows you to program operating instructions for different time slots for each day of the week.
- Silent mode: Achieves a 3dB reduction in the sound level of the outdoor unit (PUHZ models only).
- Heating with very low outside temperatures: a It is possible to run the unit in pump mode at -15°C, -20°C or -25°C depending on the unit.
- WI-FI adapter: Possibility of connecting an optional accessory to control the system via internet from the MELCloud service. This is a new service from Mitsubishi Electric that allows you to control your equipment from your smartphone, tablet or PC.
- Self-diagnosis function: to check the operating status of the unit.
- Pipe compatibility: Possibility of adapting to the pipes of an installation, being compatible with the majority of pre-installations.
- Up to 100m cooling length: It is possible to reach distances of up to 100 meters between the outdoor and indoor unit.
- Replace Technology: Allows the reuse of existing pipes in the installation, thus providing significant installation savings.
Depending on the chosen air-conditioning model, other interesting additional functions can be obtained, such as: refrigerant leak detection, ceiling height-dependent flow speed adjustment or a horizontal swing for increased airflow range.
Opinions on ducted air conditioning
In our experience, opinions on these air-conditioning systems are very positive. One of the most outstanding aspects is that they go totally unnoticed, they do not affect the aesthetics of the business or the home.
Interior decorators love this type of solution, they provide comfort without having to have a machine hanging from the wall or ceiling.
When combined with a heat pump they allow you to enjoy the cold in the hot months and maintain a pleasant temperature in the cold months.
Its airzone system allows each room to be heated to a different temperature or turned off to make it even more efficient. From the zoning system controller we can control any parameter of the unit (speed, pressure, etc.), achieving maximum comfort with minimum consumption. In fact, if you are looking for an air-conditioning system with an A++ or A+++ energy rating, find out.
Mitsubishi duct air conditioning has a catalogue of high quality and efficient equipment. At Climanova we have a lot of experience installing these equipments in homes, hotels and commercial premises in Marbella, Estepona, Sotogrande and other nearby locations.